NETGEAR's popular FS100 series desktop switches, known for their reliability and performance, provide your LAN with high-speed, 10/100 Mbps auto-sensing connectivity for as many as 5, 8, or 16 users. Just plug in your Ethernet cables, connect a power cord, and you’re ready to go-there’s no software to configure. They negotiate to the fastest possible connection and with Auto Uplink™ technology, these switches automatically figure out if the link needs a straight-through or cross-over connection, and makes the right choice.
Existing 10BASE-T devices are easily integrated within higher bandwidth environments, with full wire speeds on all ports of either 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps. Engineered without the need for internal fans, they operate silently. And each of these very compact switches is housed in a sturdy metal case for years of dependable use.
- Network Ports: 5 switched auto-speed-sensing UTP ports
- Standards Compliance:
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3x Full-duplex Flow Control
- Performance Specifications:
- Forwarding modes: Store-and-forward
- Network latency: Less than 20 s for 64-byte frames in store-and-forward mode for100 Mbps to 100 Mbps transmission
- Buffer memory: 64 KB
- Address database size: 1,000
- Addressing: 48-bit MAC address
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 390,000 hours (~40 years)
- Safety Agency Approvals: UL listed (UL 1950)/cUL; IEC950/EN60950
- Status LEDs: Power, Link, speed, and activity indicators built into each RJ-45 port