Today's growing businesses demand and rely more on their network to carry out mission-critical business activities. Companies are putting more network traffic and applications on their Ethernet infrastructure. For example, the increasing deployments of VoIP phones and IP cameras require more than simple plug-and-play connectivity.
It needs the network intelligence to separate the voice and video traffic from data, and prioritize them accordingly. Additionally, Internet-based applications such as Hotmail and Google Calendaring have made keeping the network up a business-critical need. However, companies do not necessarily have more money or advanced training to deal with complex managed switches.
NETGEAR's new ProSafe Plus Switches meet this growing need by providing fundamental network features that will help optimize the performance of business networks. ProSafe Plus Switches also offer traffic monitoring for users to observe traffic behavior. If there are connectivity issues, these switches can identify and even locate connection problems via cable diagnostic test.
To optimize traffic through the switches, ProSafe Plus Switches offer both port and tag-based prioritization to keep latency-sensitive traffic moving ahead of less critical packets. Also, ProSafe Plus Switches offer port and 802.1Q-based VLAN as a means of improving security and network performance. ProSafe Plus Switches are an upgrade from the plug-and-play Unmanaged Switch, delivering great value for empowering your network, delivering great value to the end user.
- Up to 60% lower power consumption than the non-Green version
- Auto power-down and cable-length detection for energy savings
- Packaging manufactured with at least 80% recycled materials
- ProSafe Plus Switch delivers network monitoring, traffic prioritization and VLAN
- 24 ports deliver up to 2000 Mbps of dedicated, non-blocking bandwidth per port
- Simple, yet useful network set-up on top of plug-and-play connectivity
- Gigabit speed with QoS, VLAN and network monitoring
- VLAN support for traffic segmentation
- Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization
- Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
- Troubleshoot connection issues via cable test
- Loop prevention and broadcast storm controls
- IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization
- Rate limiting for better bandwidth allocation
- Port mirroring for network monitoring
- Jumbo frame support