When only the fastest and most reliable Solid State Drive on the market today will suffice for your data storage and backup, look no further than the OWC 480GB Mercury Electra 3G 7mm SSD.
The Mercury SSD line features industry leading SandForce® DuraClass™ Technologies:
- DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
This internal 2.5" SATA SSD uses the latest SandForce 2181 Processor and DuraClass™ technology to deliver the highest transfer speed, endurance, and performance available today.
With sustained reads up to 285MB/s and writes up to 275MB/s, up to 100X greater data protection than enterprise class Hard Disk Drives, and RAISE technology for RAID like data protection and reliability, the OWC 480GB Mercury Electra 3G SSD line delivers unbeatable performance that's designed and built in the U.S. from domestic and imported parts and backed by a three year warranty.
High Performance Internal Storage
Replace your conventional hard drive with a reliable solid state drive. Unlike traditional hard disk drives, OWC SSDs have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, highly rugged storage solution that also offers near instantaneous system response.
||SATA 3Gb/sec interface
||Internal Solid State Disk
|DATA TRANSFER RATES
||Read speed up to 285MB/sec
Write speed up to 275MB/sec
Random 4KB: Up to 60,000 IOPS
|FLASH STORAGE DETAILS
||MLC based NAND Flash chips
||0°C to +70°C
Non-operating -55°C to +150°C
||SandForce 2181 Series Processor with 7% Over Provisioning
Asynchronous Tier 1/Grade A 2X-nm NAND Flash Storage
480GB useable capacity - Total Flash Memory Components - 512GB (32GB allocated to real-time data redundancy & error correction)
Qualified for single drive and multiple drive production workstation RAID 1/SPAN usage
||Suitable for both PC and Mac systems with 2.5-inch SATA interface
||100.12mm x 70.06mm x 7.00mm
||3 years manufacturers warranty