Ideal for corporations and government with a strong focus on data protection. When using the Integral Crypto 140-2 you will never need to worry about the security of your data!
Benefits of the Crypto 140-2 Flash Drive:
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption is superior to software encryption used by many other "high security" USBs
- The Crypto Drive has been independently tested for data encryption by the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) committee and validated to FIPS 140 Level 2
- Mandatory encryption ensures a user cannot save unprotected files to the Crypto Drive, a password must be setup before use
- Crypto Drive has a zero footprint - No software installation is required before use
- Compatible with endpoint security software. The Integral Crypto operates comfortably with endpoint security solutions
- Works on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 without administrator privileges
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Validated - Certificate No. 1424
- Secure Entry - Data cannot be accessed without the correct high strength alphanumeric 8-16 character password. A password hint option is available. The password hint cannot match the password
- High Strength Password Enforcement - Setting of a high strength password is mandatory
- Brute-Force Password Attack Protection - Data is automatically erased after 6 failed access attempts. The data and encryption key are securely destroyed and the Crypto Drive is reset
- Auto-lock - The Crypto Drive will automatically encrypt all data and lock when removed from a PC or when the screen saver or "computer lock" function is activated on the host PC
- Password Entry Count - The Crypto Drive records the failed entry count. e.g. if the Crypto is removed after 2 failed attempts and reinserted, the drive will resume with the 3rd attempt
- Personal ID Function - As an option, contact details can be added to the Crypto that can be viewed without compromising encrypted data
- Unique number - The USB pin on each drive is etched with a unique and random 7-digit code. This allows a record to be kept of which drive has been allocated to a specific user
- Rugged triple-layer waterproof design - Protects the Crypto Drive against knocks, drops, break-in and submerging in water. The electronics are sealed in epoxy resin and then shielded by a steel inner case. The rubberised silicone outer casing provides a final layer of protection
- User manual stored on drive
- Multi-lingual interface in 24 languages and a simple user interface for "out of the box" use
- Unique ID (optional) - During production a personalised tag (e.g. "HEINZ APPROVED USB") can be embedded into the Crypto that can be viewed on a PC. The tag gives endpoint software a convenient way to identify Integral Crypto drives as the "official" company drive, whilst denying access to other unauthorised USB drives that do not carry the Unique ID tag
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FIPS 140-2 AND FIPS 197 CERTIFICATION?
FIPS 197 certification looks at the hardware encryption algorithms used to protect the data. FIPS 140-2 is the next, more advanced level of certification. FIPS 140-2 includes a rigorous analysis of the product's physical properties. So, with a FIPS 140-2 certified USB Flash Drive the tamper-proof design of the circuit board has been approved, as well as the data encryption.